Featured post

Farewell

We never want to let go of them, those we love. How could it be any different than that?  We loved them, hold them still ...

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Lectio Divina: diving deep to hear (IV)

And lastly I reach the stage of Contemplatio … I rest in God … communion … union with God … stillness. I allow the Word to resonate deep within me.

Jesus Stills a Storm (NRSV Mark chapter 4: 35-41)

What is left with me from praying through this Gospel story?

Contemplatio
Out of this genuine exposure of my authentic self I am brought to the possibility of communion. I find here the love after all the words, the passions, the sufferings are spent and I am in union with the beloved. It is as Thelma Hall calls it the ‘entering into silence – which is too deep for words’ Here I entrust myself to God with a loving attentiveness that is rooted in a ‘heart-to-heart conversation’ where ‘silence takes the place of language’.
Through this encounter I am left with a ‘word of life’ that I take with me into my daily life and through the course of my day and night it continues to work and transform me from within, finding echoes in a variety of ways in everything I do. (Thelma Hall Too Deep for Words: Rediscovering Lectio Divina, p. 42.)

No comments:

Post a Comment