Featured post

Farewell

We never want to let go of them, those we love. How could it be any different than that?  We loved them, hold them still ...

Friday 24 February 2017

God is the rock where I take refuge



Loving God … Help me to be aware of the strength of your presence in my life

Psalm 18
Antiphon: You are my deliverer, my rock, my place of refuge





I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies.
The cords of death encompassed me; the torrents of perdition assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
He reached down from on high, he took me; he drew me out of mighty waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me; for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity; but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
The Lord lives! Blessed be my rock and exalted be the God of my salvation.

Antiphon: You are my deliverer, my rock, my place of refuge

Reading: Isaiah 26: 1-9

-->
On that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; he sets up victory like walls and bulwarks. Open the gates so that the righteous nation that keeps faith may enter in. Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—in peace because they trust in you.



What word of life and hope are you offering to me right now?
Who are the people who are in need of your strength this day?
How can I reach out to them?

Each and every moment you are with me, calling my name, beckoning me forth to stand in your light. Give me the grace to recognise your voice and the courage to respond to it.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment