Featured post

Farewell

We never want to let go of them, those we love. How could it be any different than that?  We loved them, hold them still ...

Monday 7 May 2012

The healing

Luke 17: 12-19
As Jesus entered a village, ten lepers approached him. Keeping their distance, they called out, saying “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” When he saw them, he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were made clean. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turning back, praising God with a loud voice. He prostrated himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him. And he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus asked, “Were not ten made clean? But the other nine where are they? Was none of them found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Get up and go on your way; your faith has made you well.”

I keep my distance and yet all the while I follow. I am not worthy. Have mercy, Lord, have mercy. Dare I approach your healing presence? Could it be that you will heal me too? I believe, help my unbelief. And as I turn I can hardly believe that it has happened to me, this new chance for life to the full. The desire to praise you exceeds all I ever knew. Face down before you the words spill out before your feet. Give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment