Featured post

Farewell

We never want to let go of them, those we love. How could it be any different than that?  We loved them, hold them still ...

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Widow I: Widow's Coin


It's not enough. I’m not enough. What would ever be enough?
I must lose it all, let it tumble to the ground
because of my loving of you.

And I come weeping with my two small coins grasped tightly in my hand.
No, don't take it all away! No, don't leave me alone!

I don't want more than you can give. You are enough in your poverty.

Me in my poverty. Me in my poverty. Me still after all these years in my poverty.
Stuck it out, all for you.

Stick with me now, it’s all for you.

It's only the beginning of it all. .... this loving.
Only the beginning.
Empty out all the unending griefs. Empty out all those cherished dreams.
Empty out all those broken promises. Empty out what will never be
and let me fill you with my dream for you.
My dream for you.
My full life of all the things you never dreamed in a hundred, thousand years
could have been meant for you.
Risk it, surrender the all.


No comments:

Post a Comment